Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"the rain dance" concept sketch


hey guys! another quick update! During my post graduation in animation film design, in national institute of design i have had made an animated short film called "the rain dance", which was my diploma project(almost three years back!). The short film has won a few awards in India and outside. Its a very simple and emotional story. What i am going to show you guys, is one of the concept sketches that i was making before the production of my short film! The film was a one man show and more over an ambitious project for me. After a year of sweat i finished the film. whenever i look back, i still feel that i could have done a better job. But considering my knowledge, skills and the dead line at that point of time. A pat on my back....i pulled it off decently. :)



The Rain Dance





7 comments:

Toonfactory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toonfactory said...

Hey Bro...lovely imagery..Yaadein Taza ho gayi...

kaiserbreath said...

WOW man stunning concept art. Im sure you wanted to put a lot more in the story but you had to cut it down to do a one-man-show, and A well executed one indeed. This paticular concept art gives me a feeling of renewed hope.Thanks for posting.

Sairekha said...

When vivek n I watched the rain dance for the first time, n I read those articles in Animation mags about you, I was thinking wow! Thats an awesome film. And this new film maker is quite interesting..:) You have no idea how many times I've smiled to myself watching you eat chicken at our couch or just seeing your work!:)

You've come long and far:) Kudos for that!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I came across this post while searching for rain dance. I am trying to come up with some introduction for the concept of rain dance and rain in india and I absolutely loved your video. I was wondering if you'd have a problem if I showed this video in our India Night show as intro to an act (in the emceeing part). I haven't spoken about this to other in the organization so I don't know for sure, but just wanted to ask your permission first before I'd show it to them. Of course we'd give you credit...but if it's okay with you, I'd like to show this video in the introduction part. Please let me know! :)
Thanks!
Prachi

ALESSANDRO BARBUCCI said...

Hi,thanx for passing on my blog :) I think I've seen "the rain dance" in Annecy- France, is it true? So nice, congratulations. And I love the "traditional" side in your illustrations (references to onduism and indian aesthetic)
bye!

Vj Arumugam said...

so awesome to hear from you Ale! thank you so much for dropping by. yes my film got nominated in annecy. and am so glad that you remembered it. your feed back has certainly given more motivation to me. thanks you once again. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...